Thursday, February 17, 2011

Message from Larry Lund

Regardless of what is on those "Lost Feet" of film...MK Davis has hoaxed and faked and altered his way along the "Fame Trail" way to long. I have watched Rene Dahinden's excelent copy...or should I say copies...since MK was in Pampers and not any of the old 16 MM Film versions had any red running down the Creek ! Just go back ten years, Pre- M.K.B.S. and B.S. does not stand for just Bobbie Short. There is and never was any red flowing water or still puddles in the original films.
The place to go for the "Other Roll" is the BBC, as Roger let them use it in a documentary in 1968 or 1969 I believe. I am really not sure what year, but Rene Dahinden had a copy of it, which may have been handed down to his sons Erik and Martin. It certainly wasn't in the 14 boxs of things Rene left to me.
All I remember from back then was a bit of film showing John Green with another man and a couple of dogs, which was supposed to be down in the Bluff Creek area. Then the short footage of Roger pouring a track cast, which I already mentioned we can't prove was from Oct. 20, 1967.
Hope this helps, but I truely don't believe this thing will ever come to a definitive answer. Those of us who been there since the begining, almost 44 years now, mostly believe it is a true account of what happened. I understand that the Newbies and hanger-on's that come out of the woodwork on a semi daily basis think they have all the answers...but so far they have nothing and have proven nothing. Either way, I hope it is solved sometime in the new future. Too many good people have wasted a good portion of there lives on this one mystery.
You may print this anywhere you wish.
All The Best,
Larry Lund To Steven Streufert

No comments: