Saturday, January 05, 2008
Is it possible that volcanic action and asteroid impact, two major ideas concerning the demise of the dinosaurs, were not the cause of dinosaur extinction? Does the presence of insects in ancient amber, dating to the time of the dinosaur extinction, serve as a "smoking gun" for the death of the dinosaurs resulting from disease-carrying insects?
'Hobbits' Not a Different Species, Say Scientists Telegraph
Homo floresiensis may be taking another hit from scientists disputing the classification of the so-called "Hobbit" remains found on the Indonesian island of Flores in 2005. Could the Hobbits be humans with a rare growth disorder? Also, "Hobbits" May Have Been Genetic Mutants.
Posted by: Loren Coleman on January 5th, 2008
The new never can come without the old. A celebration of the old books and a hint of a big surprise this spring. Video, photo.
Investigate Further: Old Books, Classics, and the Minnesota Iceman »
Categorized as: CryptoZoo News, Breaking News, Cryptotourism, Cryptozoologists, Cryptozoology, Abominable Snowman, Books, Cryptomundo Exclusive 6 Comments »
Friday, January 04, 2008
Posted by: Loren Coleman on January 4th, 2008
Does Bigfoot roam Maine? Or merely groups of comedians? Here is the trailer and more from the new movie. Four videos.
Investigate Further: Monster in the Woods” by Loren Coleman">World Premiere: Monster in the Woods »
Categorized as: CryptoZoo News, Breaking News, Movie Monsters, Cryptotourism, Cryptozoologists, Media Appearances, Cryptozoology, Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Cryptomundo Exclusive, Windigo, Videos, Cryptofiction | Monster in the Woods">2 Comments »
Posted by: Loren Coleman on January 4th, 2008
In 1977, Randy L. Braun was hiking along Lake Superior when he had a mysterious encounter with an unidentified watery cryptid. What do you think his photograph of it looks like? What is it? Photo and video.
Investigate Further: Pressie: What Is It? »
Gather 'Round the Monitor for Tales
- Danny And Larry Gomezwww.thewolfpeople.com - [cache] - Live
- Larry and Danny Ramos Gomez are two of a family of 19, which spans five generations, who all suffer from hypertrichosis or "werewolf syndrome".www.tv.com/danny-ramos-gomez/person/277199/summary.html - [cache] - Ask
- . For Danny Ramos Gomez, in his early 20's, genetics is the reason people call him "the wolf man." Danny has a condition ... Danny's 26-year-old brother, Larry, also has hypertrichosis. The brothers are known for their daredevil feats in a ... abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2258069&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312 - [cache] - Gigablast
- You may have seen Lili and her cousins, Danny & Larry, featured on "Fox's Guieness World Record" as the world hairiest family. Once you meet Lili in person, you are suddenly ... circus.circusfolks.com/lilimain.html - [cache] - Live
- Victor "Larry" and Gabriel "Danny" Ramos Gomez (both Mexico) are two of a family of 19 that span five generations all suffering from the rare condition called Congenital ... www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2007/10/071024.aspx - [cache] - Live
- Congenital Hypertrichosis Lanuginosa - For hundreds of years, societies have maintained a certain fascination with the bizarre and the unknown. In the past, persons with congenital ... www.emedicine.com/derm/topic811.htm - [cache] - Live, Gigablast
- Too Much Hair: Hypertrichosis, Hirsutism and Androgenic Manifestations in Women Dr. Nelson Soucasaux, Brazilian gynecologist Hypertrichosis and hirsutism are the excessive growth ... www.mum.org/souhirsu.htm - [cache] - Live, Gigablast
- An explanation of this disorder, the causes, when to see your doctor, how to get rid of excess hair, and medications.familydoctor.org/210.xml - [cache] - Live, Open Directory, Ask, Gigablast
- Hirsutism is the excessive growth of hair, particularly on a woman's face, torso and limbs, and is generally caused by increased androgens. It is a common sign of polycystic ovary syndrome in women. It can also be caused by a pituitary tumour or other serious medical conditions. See also hypertrichosis, a genetic condition that results in unusually thick body hair. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsutism - [cache] - Wikipedia, Live, Ask
- There are many causes of hirsutism and it can cause severe anxiety and social stress. There are now many treatment options available. ... The extent of normal hair growth varies ... hirsutism.homestead.com - [cache] - Live, Ask, Gigablast
- Presents the hormonal factors involved, the causes, and treatment for this type of problem. Written by a physician.www.wdxcyber.com/ninfer07.htm - [cache] - Live, Open Directory, Ask, Gigablast
- Familial hirsutism*Familial hirsutism is not associated with androgen excess.. *Familial hirsutism is both typical and ... of hirsutism depends on its cause. Familial or ethnic hirsutism typically begins during puberty. Hirsutism resulting ... www.emedicine.com/derm/topic472.htm - [cache] - Gigablast, Open Directory, Ask
- Hypertrichosis is a medical term referring to a condition of excessive body hair. It can be generalized, symmetrically affecting most of the torso and limbs, or localized, affecting an area of skin. In most cases, the term is used to refer to an above-average amount of normal body hair that is unwanted. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis - [cache] - Wikipedia, Live
- Hypertrichosis. Authoritative facts about the skin from the New Zealand Dermatological Society. ... Hypertrichosis What is hypertrichosis? Hypertrichosis is excessive hair growth ... dermnetnz.org/hair-nails-sweat/hypertrichosis.html - [cache] - Live, Gigablast