Friday, February 20, 2009

Editorial: Strange Remains found in Mississippi: Sasquatch or Bear?

There is a new article (the link is below) of a strange find here in Mississippi this week-a set of remains which the Sheriff in Warren County describes as "not human, I repeat, NOT human" was pulled out of the Big Black River. Certainly an unusual story, which leads some to think that perhaps this is the answer we have finally waited for. But, the caveat to this is, it is ONLY unusual remains. That does not denote Sasquatch, in my opinion. It only denotes that the remains are NOT HUMAN. Not human could mean a decaying animal of some sort that wound up in the river somehow, perhaps a bear. A bear's skeleton is strikingly similar to a human's, and decayed bear remains can be construed as unusual, but again, they are still only decayed bear remains. I am not holding my breath on what this could (or could not) be, but if it does turn out to be the corpse of a Sasquatch, then it is of course a major coup. But after last Summer's fiasco, I have found one immutable truth regarding this phenomenon-to paraphrase Steve "Sting" Borden-one thing's for sure about the study of Bigfoot, and that is, that nothin's' for sure. For now, I am cautiously optimistic on this issue until more is found out about it. I would suggest that all Bigfooters take the same attitude.

No comments: