Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Bigfoot Experiences

By Henry May

I have had a lifelong interest in the mystery of Bigfoot or Sasquatch (30 years worth). My interest was piqued by two items: the appearance of Andre the Giant as Bigfoot on the TV series "The Six-Million Dollar Man" and seeing my father with a copy of the book "Bigfoot: The Mysterious Monster". We lived in three states (Tennessee, Pennsylvania and Georgia), and every state we lived in, if we lived near woods, I would go looking for Bigfoot. We moved to Woodstock, Georgia in August 1982, to an area that was very heavily wooded, on the edge of the North Georgia mountains. There was even an enormous hill at the northern end of the subdivision I lived in. One night, in March 1983, while trying to go to sleep, I heard strange screams, similar to a woman in distress, but much louder and more powerful. Having read a good deal of information about Bigfoot, and knowing they let out screams from time to time, I immediately attributed the sounds to Bigfoot. For the next two months, I conducted an investigation every day after school and on weekends. Some of the neighborhood kids told me they'd had sightings as well. One day, one of them invited me to his house, where I had a "not sure" 5-minute sighting of something that may or may not have been a Bigfoot at the bottom of that hill in a pasture. I do not say now that it was a Bigfoot, but it could've been. I had several other "not sure" encounters from May 1983-January 1984. I even heard strange whistling one night. On January 31, 1984, at 10:00 p.m. eastern, I went outside onto our back elevated patio and started doing the same whistling cry I had heard a few months before. After about two minutes, I heard a response. After five more minutes of this, I saw something large and heavy swaying behind these people's home. I saw a hairy creature (rust-brown color), 7 1/2-8 foot tall, cone-shaped head, come up under the porchlight, and saw this thing's face. It was strangely humanlike and gorillalike. I watched it for about five minutes, then went inside. We moved over here to Mississippi a week later, the Cleveland-Boyle area. For 3 years, I saw or heard nothing in this area. One night, in December 1987, just after Christmas, I thought I saw something large and dark walking from left to right on the loop of South Brooks Avenue. I don't now say it was a Bigfoot, but it could've been. Or it could've been somebody in a big jacket, but it was simply too dark to tell for sure. A year-and-a-half later, June 1989, my mother, sister and I were heading somewhere around 3:00 in the afternoon. We were about to get in the car when I spotted something large and hairy and brown, with a round head walking from right to left in a rice field about 300 yards away. My mother dismissed it as possibly a farmer or a person, but I knew better. It was simply too large and the weather was too hot for a person walking in a rice field wearing a gorilla costume. I unfortunately did not think to look for tracks till later. 3 years later, in May 1992, I went to this same rice field and saw small barefoot tracks in an area where there had been no rain for over a month. They were walking in a straight line, like a tightrope, not all scattered about like a human's would be. They were about 10 inches long. Two years later, in the summer of 1994, At around 11:00 p.m., I was looking at an area west of my home, when I saw something large running on all fours from left to right. It was much larger than a dog, and was dark-colored, possibly black. That was about a five-second glimpse. In September of 1994, a neighbor alerted me to some strange tracks in their yard, which I examined and photographed (I did not save those photographs, unfortunately). The tracks were about 10 inches in length. A year-and-a-half later, in February 1996, we received some hard ice and snow in our area. I found two 10-inch three-toed tracks in the yard behind my house on the hard ice and snow. I had had several sound encounters for two years previous; howls, growls, grunts, groans, running sounds on two legs, all kinds of strange sounds. January 13th, 1998, 1:15 A.M., I was heading north on Highway 61 from Greenville, Mississippi, having just left Washington County. I was around 10 miles south of Shaw when I spotted something walking from right to left about 150 yards ahead of me. It was bipedal. I slowed down a bit just in case it decided to dart back across from right to left. When I reached the point where it crossed the road and stopped in a ditch, I saw a large, hairy, dirty-white creature standing at a side profile, estimated to be 7 1/2-8 feet tall. It never looked at me, so I didn't see the face at all. It was large and muscular, similar to "Patty" but not exactly. It had a round-shaped head. I have not had a sighting in 10 years, but I've had several sound encounters, including one in March 2005 in which I heard one imitate a human poorly. It was trying to call my cat, but it sounded very strange. I also have heard some strange noises which COULD be attributed to Sasquatch, and in December 2005, my mother heard a strange "nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh" noise, very deep and loud. In June 2007, around Sunset, she heard what sounded like wood-on-wood; a little later that night, I heard the same thing. Then, in either July or August of 2007, during the day, I heard wood-on-wood. Then, on April 11th, 2008, I found a possible track with mid-tarsal break. Those are my encounters and sightings of Bigfoot creatures.

No comments: