Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Little mini-editorial I wrote in response to a Cryptomundo post

I personally cannot absolutely say those photos are hoaxed, but I lean in that direction because in my opinion, it does look like a guy in a costume. But again, I agree that further study does need to be done. The deal is, we weren’t there, so we cannot absolutely 100% say this is a hoax without doing a thorough examination of the photos to absolutely determine once and for all that they are a hoax. It seems that in this age of Photoshop and new technologies in photo and video enhancement, everything seems to come under scrutiny and immediately declared hoax, instead of sitting down and objectively examining the evidence (and I mean ACTUALLY examining the evidence, not just looking at a photo and immediately declaring, “HOAX!!!” ) And I want to make it clear-I am NOT saying the photos are of a genuine Sasquatch, because I do not know, I was not there, but then again, I am not going to immediately declare them a hoax just because it’s the fashionable thing to do. I say we should objectively examine all pieces of evidence and judge them on their own merits before declaring them fake OR genuine. If these photos are subjected to close scrutiny under analysis and found to be real, fine; if they are found to be hoaxed, that’s fine too. But one thing I will say is, that the mystery of ANY Cryptozoological animal is not going to be solved with a photo or a video or a film.

Original Posting I was responding to:

Breaking: Romanian Bigfoot Photos

No comments: