Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Editorial: Have I "Sold Out" To Kal Korff?

In recent months, I have started cooperating with and working with Kal K. Korff, who is a paranormal investigator best known to Bigfooters as a "debunker" of the Patterson/Gimlin Movie, and I have not received any negative press from this from either side. Now, does this mean I agree with Kal about the P/G Movie? Does this mean I have "sold out" to the "enemy?" I do not believe so. Yes, I think what Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin captured on film that October day 40 years ago is a real Sasquatch, and yes, I disagree with Kal going after a 77-year-old retiree with a heart condition, but I want to be as cooperative with Kal as possible to try to seek and find answers on this mystery, no matter the outcome. If indeed Kal and his associate the lovely Martina Tycova finally do prove that Bob Heironimus wore a modified suit and walked in front of Patterson's camera that day, then that means that all Bigfooters, myself included, will have to eat our words as far as defending the film and giving it credibility, and it will be a blow to this community. However, it will not stop ME personally from seeking answers in this mystery, and it should not stop anyone else either, if the film is proven a hoax. I am secure enough in my own experience with the Sasquatch to know that whether or not the film shows a real creature or not does not mean there is no real creature out there. I am 90% convinced the film shows a real creature, but it will not break my heart if it is proven a hoax because I have had at least one sighting that I can absolutely say was the real deal. So, I want to say that I call Kal a friend and colleague even if we agree to disagree over this film.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it, in this field, everyone is either a friend or an enemy? Listening to people who you may or may not agree with, is a good thing. Many of us do not agree, but we should all be willing to keep an open mind and listen! If you believe that the Patterson film is real and someone else does not, does not make either one of you enemies... It should allow you both to learn from each other and come to a stronger and more solid conclusion. No two people will see the same thing when they look at it from different angles, but the combined inputs will tell a much richer story about what they are looking at! Kudos to you for keeping an open mind and ear to ideas different than your own. A very rare trait in this field and I commend you for it!

Anonymous said...

hey javabob & henry yes i definetly totaly agree with you both indeedy regarding this paticular situation. thanks bill :)

Anonymous said...

Any updates to this thread or information? What happened to your communication with Korff?

We are interested.

Anonymous said...

I guess there's nothing to add to this thread. Too bad....

Anonymous said...

Should would be the mature thing to do, as a researcher, to update this thread.

It would be very interesting to see how your interaction with Korff ended, if it has, and what fruit it may have grown....

Anonymous said...

To the author of this blog,

Are you going to give us an update to your experience with Kal Korff or not? Why post something like this and then not close the book out on the research?

You call yourself a researcher, act like one.

Henry May said...

OK, an update on my experience with Mr. Korff: I have not talked to him much in recent years, probably owing to conflicting schedules. When I talk to him again about this subject, I will let you know. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

To be a bit more specific, you mention that you “were” working with and in contact with Kal Korff at the time of this posting so, it would be interesting to learn how the exchange went; what was discussed and where it went, where it ended, and why the exchange ended. It seems clear that you haven’t had any exchange with Korff in a few years so why not give us a break down of what went on back when you did have an open exchange with Kal Korff.

Anonymous said...

http://kalisanidiot.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

http://freekurtis.org/

Anonymous said...

In the interest of researchers working together towards a common goal, it saddens me that you’ll not share with the interested what went on and what your ultimate outcome was while working with Kal Korff. I suppose we’ll move on and look for real word information and research, elsewhere.