Monday, July 30, 2007

O B S E R V A T I O N S by Mike Rugg
On a recent trip to my local bank, I had
occasion to wear my cap, which is adorned
with a pin announcing “Bigfoot Lives.” The
teller glanced at the pin and asked if I was
associated with the Bigfoot Museum. “Yes,” I
said. “Have you ever seen one?” she asked. 
“I think I did when I was about six years old,” 
I told her. “Well I definitely saw one when I
was six years old,” she affirmed.
She told me that at the time she was camping
with her parents on the Klamath River in
Northern California. While walking in the
woods she observed what she described as a
“strange looking stump.” She said she had a
tough time taking her eyes off the stump, as
there was something peculiar about it, but she
couldn’t quite figure out what it was about it
that was strange, “until two eyes suddenly
blinked open” in the middle of the stump!
Apparently the bigfoot was hiding in plain
sight, by kneeling down, closing its eyes and
holding perfectly still. Once the eyes were
open, and she made eye-contact with it, the
ruse was up so the bigfoot stood up to its full
height and walked into the woods. “If it hadn’t
opened its eyes, I would have walked on, and
probably would have forgotten all about the
incident.”
This is one of several stories I’ve heard now of
a bigfoot hiding in plain sight. Another story,
which is also listed on the BFRO web site, was
reported by a man living in the Aptos area near
Nisene Marks Park. He came into the museum
several weeks ago and described in detail his
bigfoot sighting.
The property he lives on is adjacent to his
father’s, and they share a private dirt road. One
day as he was driving in from the highway, he
glanced over the fence next to the road and
noticed what registered in his mind as a “slash
pile” in the field. He explained that when his
father cuts down a tree, he is usually the one
who gets to strip the tree of limbs, bark and so
forth, which is typically thrown into a pile for
burning or to be hauled away. This is a slash
pile, and that’s what he thought he saw lying in
the field. But when he asked his dad which tree
he’d cut, and why he didn't ask for help, his
father said, “What tree?” They both went
immediately to the spot where the “slash pile”
had been, and it was gone! Realizing he had
“misread” what he saw, and thinking back, he
now believes that he saw a bigfoot lying facedown
with its hands clasped behind its neck, its
arms covering the sides of its head. The
sighting was also mentioned in the last
newsletter in an article by Tom Yamarone.
The point here is that bigfoot is capable of
hiding in plain sight. By holding its body in a
certain position and staying absolutely still, its
capable of causing us to misinterpret what we
see even when we look right at it. --MR

No comments: