Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gimlin's Memory Intact

From Daniel Perez's Bigfoot Times Blog

Written by Daniel Perez

I am just off the telephone with Cheryl Schuchman, who I tracked down. She is the daughter of the late John Schuchman (see photo below in previous post). She tells me she met Roger Patterson ONE time, when he came to their 40 foot long trailer around 1964 with a Volkswagen bus with two horses in it. He was a "nice gentleman," "short" in size with a cowboy hat. Roger was there, by himself, to interview her dad about his sighting. Cheryl was "enamored" by the short horses.

She now has a copy of the Bigfoot Times, May 2007, with the story of
Roger and Bob stopping by after the film was shot. She told me "I had
to laugh," and that it is "pure fiction." "I was their only daughter
and I was always with them, so if this happened [Roger and Bob stopping
by for a shower after the film] I would have known about it." My only
regret here is that I became aware of Cheryl Schuchman after we went to
press.

She also stated that her dad "told it soooo many times [his sighting]"
that she could remember it "verbatim." With that she told me that if
Roger and Bob did stop by for a shower without her being present, that
her dad would have told her. "I would have known about it..." Her dad
was a Bigfoot "enthusiast" after his sighting.

The story supplied to the Australian Penthouse magazine by Tony Healy
is without merit. When I talked with Bob Gimlin, in person, September
2003 (Willow Creek, California) and May/June 2005 (Bellingham,
Washington) about this so-called shower, he told me, while shaking his
head back and forth, he doesn't remember a John Schuchman or ever
stopping by anyone's home so Roger could have a shower after they got
their famous movie. So another test of Bob Gimlin's memory demonstrates
his recollection of matters is very much intact.

It would be interesting indeed if the late Rene Dahinden or John Green
has an audio tape of John Schuchman, and I am told that one might still
exist.

No comments: