Friday, February 02, 2007

Editorial: M.K. Davis and the Patterson Movie controversy

I have been very reticent to discuss this for the past two months, but I feel I need to say this. We all already know about the circumstances surrounding the controversial statements made by M.K., so I will not rehash them now. However, M.K. has been laying low lately, and I have not talked to him in a while. I want to make it clear that the Southeast Sasquatch Association fully supports M.K. in most of his work, except we do not agree that the creature in the Patterson Movie is human, nor does there seem to be a visible stick, just blur. I want to make it clear that M.K. has done a great deal of terrific work on the film and has brought clarity to the admittedly grainy film. However, his assertion that the creature is human based on whether or not it carries a stick and may or may not have humanlike lips, I do not agree with, and that's fine. We do not all have to agree on everything, but we can at least remain friends. I hope M.K. reads this and understands that I and the S.S.A. is not against him at all, we just have a difference of opinion on this, is all. I think the creature is humanLIKE, but not a large hairy human. It may be humanoid, possibly Paranthropus, but in my opinion, it is not human. No human has those kind of proportions, nor the mid-foot flexibility. No human is that large. I think it is some sort of humanoid, but not a large hairy human. M.K. is, however, a valuable resource on this film and has done a great job on it. The Southeast Sasquatch Association supports M.K. 100%.

No comments: